The Human Services Coalition of Oregon (HSCO) was formally founded in the early 1980s by a group of advocates with the goal of establishing a place for collaboration, partnership, and dialogue between health, housing and human service providers, and to increase revenue for these critical community investments.
We are a member-driven organization supported by Co-Chairs serving two-year terms. Members pay annual dues.
HSCO promotes the dignity of all Oregonians through improved public policy and strengthened support for human services. We fulfill our mission by:
- Organizing a broad array of interests to work towards common goals and ensure adequate public and privateresources for vital programs and services
- Educating ourselves, our communities and decision makers
- Advocating at the state level
ISSUES AREAS WE SUPPORT
- Access to respectful, quality services and opportunities that respond to people’s needs.
- Enduring and sustainable funding for the services and opportunities on which people rely.
- Culturally competent services and opportunities that promote choice, dignity and empowerment.
- Transparency, efficiency, and accountability in the administration and provision of programs and services.
- Meaningful inclusion of consumers and advocates in policy formulation, program development and evaluation.
- Living wages for those who provide services.
- Unity of diverse communities to promote common concerns.